- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
May 15-16, 2019 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center | Alexandria, VA
In the evolving threat landscape, the United States military has recognized a need to reduce its dependence on established logistical networks for power generation and refueling. The current system leaves warfighters vulnerable to attack and is financially, as well as environmentally, unsustainable. In an effort to effectively compete against great power competitors, the United States military is shifting towards a more resilient energy strategy that will increase operational flexibility and success. DSI’s Expeditionary Power and Energy Summit will focus on the current and future policies, programs, and R&D aimed at creating a more energy-resilient force.
2019 Speakers Included:
Director of Operations
Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Energy
Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army
(Energy and Sustainability)
Deputy Assistant Secretary to the Air Force for Operational Energy
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Installations, Environment, and Energy
Colonel Adrian Marsh
Project Manager, Expeditionary Energy & Sustainment Systems
PEO Combat Support and Combat Service Support
Director, Operational Energy
Director of Operational Energy
Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Energy
Col Jesse Kemp, USMC
Marine Corps Expeditionary Energy Office (E20)
Why You Should Attend This Year’s Summit:
DSI’s 2019 Expeditionary Power and Energy Summit will focus on the technologies and policies necessary to support the use of power and energy in an operational environment.
Refining the military’s use of energy at contingency bases, adapting our requirements and force development process, and establishing an operational energy policy and oversight across the Services, Combatant Commands, and the overall Department has been a critical priority for the DoD since the inaugural Operational Energy Strategy in 2011. The 2019 Summit will address, among other things, operational energy initiatives for the Navy, Marine Corps, Army, and Air Force, how to equip the warfighter to maximize energy efficiency and increase operational flexibility, the link between cybersecurity and energy resiliency, and the cutting-edge research on the future of energy and power.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits’ content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in military energy as well as key-policy makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Summit:
– Operational Energy and Warfighter Resilience: Enhancing Capability While Mitigating Cost– Equipping the Warfighter with Resilient Capabilities to Reduce Sustainment Demand- Lightening the Load: Effectiveness and Energy Efficiency in Integrated Soldier Systems- Developing Power Generation and Energy Storage to Improve Naval Resiliency
– Improving Energy Storage Capabilities to Increase Operational Flexibility
– Enhancing Cyber Security and Energy Resiliency
At our Symposium You Have the Ability To:
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the DoD and Federal Government as it relates to energy-related technologies.
Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest operational energy priorities of interest to the DoD and Federal Government.
Influence: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The 2019 Expeditionary Power and Energy Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
– DSI’s summit directly supports DoD & Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their organization’s overall mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
– DSI’s summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
– The summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal Government employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
*Symposium is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.